I work as a
programmer developer for a small software company in Rostock, Germany. I studied computer science at the University of Rostock and I'm thirty something years old. Locate Rostock with google maps.
More in the internets:
- Some code is on github
- www.mvgo.de - German homepage for us local go buddies, maintained by me
- gomaschlinks.blogspot.com - I found that bookmarks and linkslists are hardly working on the long term for me. But blogs are a nice way to keep track of interesting things, because older stuff gets more and more unimportant but is never lost.
I also use Twitter as a link saving platform that doesn't require a password for read access.
- Some pictures are on flickr and in the fc
Game of Go
One of my hobbies is to play the ancient asian game of Go (what is Go?
). I am 1 dan in Germany and play occasionally on KGS
Password Management - .NET Master Password
Maarten Billemond created a brilliant concept for managing passwords and even provides iPhone-, Android-, Java and Mac-App Apps (here). I wanted that on Windows too and created a compatible programm. See Description and Download at GitHub.
Archive - Go Programs
Long time ago I created three little freeware tools for go players. They were running under MS Windows and available for free download here:
- Sgf Shell Extension
This is an extension for the Microsoft Windows Explorer which adds special columns and tooltip for SGF files. It was once pretty useful for Go players.
- Memopad to SGF (MpaToSgf)
Export your go games from your palm pilot, useful if you use PilotGone.
- SGF to Memopad (SgfToMpa)
Import go games to your palm pilot, again only useful if you use PilotGone.
Today that's all pretty obsolete. I suggest to use SmartGo
on the PC and SmartGo Kifu
on an iPhone like I do. Both are great and made by the inventor of the SGF file format himself.